Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ryan96se@gmail.com is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio loud AC hum

On Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 1:32:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:
My 1994 Bose Wave Radio has a VERY loud AC hum from the speakers, no
other sound. All displays are fine; display will show stations tuned
to, but no signal comes through. I checked the main filter capacitor
(10,000 mfd, 10V) and it seems to be OK.

Help!

Also, Where can I get a schematic of this radio?

Check the speakers when you power it up. See if either on of them draw inward to outward. If so the main amplifier chip has failed. This will also give a loud 60hz hum. Bose will not sell you the chip but I found a youtube video of such a fix and he mentioned where he got it