Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull[_2_] Rheilly Phoull[_2_] is offline

Default On/Off Switch: Why Six Pins?

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per micky:
What problem is the switch causing? Are you not sure it's on when
it's supposed to be on? Remove the power and measure the voltage
between the middle two contacts and the right ones.

This will be awhile. I need to find some reliable probes for my
el-cheapo voltmeter.... the ones I am trying to use are not getting it
for such small targets as the pins on the bottom of that board.

The device in question (a automobile dashcam) is supposed to start up
automagically when 12 v is fed to it and the switch is on.

The switch is always on.

But starting a few weeks ago, it was coming on sometimes, not coming on
other times.... and now it is never coming on.

I *think* am getting 12v on the power source... so my guess was that the
switch had failed.

Now I am not so sure about the power source because of my issues with
the meter and it's probes.....

Stay tuned...
--
Pete Cresswell

For the probes use a file and sharpen the ends to a fine point. This helps
for small points and pierces any coatings too.