Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions sought: Speed Queen washers

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:21:17 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 15:34:27 -0500, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:25:29 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:23:13 -0500, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 18:23:56 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 09:31:19 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

I recall reading some high praise for this brand of washer here in
the
past, but that was several years ago, and things do have a tendency
change. Has anyone got any recent experience with this brand?

Some cut.

Consumer Reports listing of most reliable, in order: Speed Queen,
Roper, Maytag, Samsung, Whirlpool, Kenmore, GE, LG.

Does the article mention which washers have mechanical dial control as
an option? I know SQ does for residential models.

The SQ AWN 542 has good, old fashioned dials on it. The other
SQ washers that they show have push buttons.

I was trying to find out if other brands in the article have "good,
old fashioned dials on it".

I do not have an account of CR so I was just asking.

Whirlpool WTW4850BW
Amana NTW4755EW
Maytag Centennial MVWC415EW
Kenmore 22342
Kenmore 22102
GE GTWP1800D[WW]
Hotpoint HTWP1400FWW
GE GTWN2800D[WW]
Whirlpool WTW4815EW
Kenmore 22332
Kenmore 20222
Maytag Centennial MVWC215EW
Whirlpool WTW4715EW
Amana NTW4605EW
Speed Queen AWN542
Frigidaire FFTW1001PW
Maytag Centennial MVWC200X[W]
Kenmore 23102
Amana NTW4651BQ 2 other Amanas have no picture
Admiral ATW4676BQ
Roper RTW4641BQ

These are top loaders with agitators. The highest rated are at the top.
I didn't do anything except look at the pictures.

Bear in mind whirlpool, amana, kenmore, roper and maytag are all the
same people and share the same basic running gear.

My wife has a washer in a cart barn that does at least 10 loads of
towels a day. She decided it was cheaper in the long run to buy a
$350 whirl pool every 18 months (as soon as it burps) than to pay
$1800 for a speed queen that might last 4 or 5 years but it might crap
out earlier.
Fixing them seldom actually justifies paying the bill for a service
call.