Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT wire sealing tape for vehicle

On 10/10/2015 11:40 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:44:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Almost 24 hours later, and no one has answered my
question. Diversions, anecdotes, and drift.

Sorry. Your question was: --What's a good way to seal this, to keep
water out? Duck tape? Scotch 33 electrical?

For a spliced wire, I'd use shrink wrap tubing from HF. You can get a
bag with a variety of sizes.

(when all else fails, a coat hanger and duct tape)

I did try a butt connector. But, I didn't push the
wire in far enough, and it didn't grab the wire.
I did have heat shrink tape slipped on, ready.

Twist on wire nut did the job. Layers of Scotch
33, and some nylon wire ties over that.

Thank you.

-
..