Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 10/09/2015 11:13 AM, notbob wrote:
No, it's leapfrogging clear across the country. Not only have I seen
small roundabouts, from CO to CA, mostly on freeway overpass access
lanes, but they planted a roundabout in lil' ol' Livermore (SFBA).
They put it in a little used intersection that had no previous stop
signs. One of those bumps in the middle of an intersection thingies,
as you describe it. It's the only one in town and is more a curiosity
than a serious traffic control mechanism.

That's the head scratcher here. A black lab taking a nap in the
intersection would be just as effective and would be in no danger
whatsoever.

That's not as fanciful as it seems. I live on an unlighted, narrow rural
road and one of the local labs likes to sleep on the nice, warm
pavement. Between him, the deer, and the wild turkeys there's a lot of
traffic calming.