Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 09 Oct 2015 04:54:40 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 08 Oct 2015 21:43:23 -0400, hubops
wrote:

... my brand new $ 600. LG 42 inch LED
seems to provide a poorer picture quality than the
old 32 inch RCA CRT that it's replacing !
... could it be the cable ? or something else ?
It's fed by a Bell Expressvue satellite dish.
Or is it just a matter of my eyes adjusting to the change ?
John T.

Do you have an HD receiver? If not, the picture is not up to top
quality. You should see a definite difference compared to a CRT.

... ahhh .. gulp .. nope.
Just an old regular sat receiver ..
I got a feeling I'm not finished spending money quite yet ..
John T.

I have no experience with this, but maybe there's a TV setting for
standard definition signals that would improve the picture with the
current receiver.

I don't mean that the setting would give you HD. Only that it would
give SD as good as you used to get. If there is such a setting.