Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT wire sealing tape for vehicle

On 10/9/2015 7:00 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 18:25:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Mine traces out to the wiring harness under
the drivers seat. Got to pull that apart,
tomorrow.

So when it fails to start you have no fuel pressure - most likely.
When you go to start the vehicle, take off the gas cap. Turn on the
key and listen at the filler. You should hear the pump run for about 3
seconds. Then when cranking it should run again.. If you can get your
hands on an EFI fuel pressure guage stick it on the service schrader
valve on the injector log and watch the pressure.

I didn't try it on ether. But, my gut sense is
no fire from the ignition system. Either way,
I'm going to hope for dry weather tomorrow
(light rain, now) and cut some tape off. Try to
find the bad splice connection.

Keep hoping that if I actually find the problem,
the van will be OK for a while. I think the splice
for the recent wire is the problem.

-
..
Christopher A. Young