Posted to alt.home.repair,trucks.chevy,alt.trucks.chevy

Default OT wire sealing tape for vehicle

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:12:57 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/9/2015 11:06 AM, Shade Tree Guy wrote:
What's a good way to seal this, to keep water
out? Duck tape? Scotch 33 electrical?
Christopher A. Young

See if there's any condensation inside the
distributor cap (if you even have one)

Yes, has one. Might be dry weather tomorrow.
I'll see if it starts. If it starts, I'll
spray water on things till I find what
makes it quit.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

On a SBC of that vintage, make sure you have a GOOD sistributor cap
and rotor - along with the good wires - and be certain your coil is
clean and has no cracks. The good caps are the glossy black or light
beige ones, not the crappy pourous phenolic brown ones. or black ones
with an open rough surface on the inside.

You don't want to use any sealers as all they do is hols water in