Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default TV connections

hubops wrote:

... my brand new $ 600. LG 42 inch LED
seems to provide a poorer picture quality than the
old 32 inch RCA CRT that it's replacing !
... could it be the cable ? or something else ?
It's fed by a Bell Expressvue satellite dish.
Or is it just a matter of my eyes adjusting to the change ?
John T.

Is the box HD? You're connected to the HD outputs?
Via HDMI? Component video?

If you take a standard def source and blow it up
to 42", it's going to look poor. An HD source should
look excellent on a 42", much better than a std def
source on a 32". So, something it's right and I doubt
it's your eyes.

Ah ha ! Sorry - I'm a luddite.
Is there some sort of conversion device / connector ?
It's an old-ish satellite receiver - not HD.. connected with the same
co-ax ? cable that the old TV used. The receiver also has
S-Video and the 3 RCA AA/V jacks.
The TV has the co-ax? cable ; 5 RCA ; 3 USB ; 3 HDMI.
I much appreciate the help - thanks guys.
... to think that I once enjoyed delving into this sort of
NEW TOY / NEW TECH stuff ! ?
John T. just another old fart