Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift licenses and such

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:mv9crs$9dd
:

Can you comment on the Black Mag accident?

I read up on it. Apparently, the major infraction was storing more
explosive materials than were allowed under the license, and further,
more than was prudent for the situation.

Obviously, from the severity of the blast, the amount of explosive
materials in the processing area was dangerously excessive.

We went to great lengths to have stockmen _continually_ remove processed
items from our assembly buildings, in order not to exceed the allowable
(or safe) weights. We chose to err on the side of 'safe', keeping levels
far below what the regulations required.

We never had one, but I think if we'd had an explosion during assembly,
only the one operator involved would have had any injuries, at all. And
I believe those would have been non-fatal. That was our intent, at
least.

Lloyd

Lloyd