Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 600W 2-stroke generator

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 16:17:59 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:55:15 +0100, T i m wrote:

I did once tip about three or four litres of slightly over-oily and
long-since premixed two-smoke into the near-full 25l tank of one of the
2cvs.

Ok.

Never again. It pinked like an absolute bugger.

I've done similar with about the same quantity of 50:1 in the (Mk2
Escort based) kitcar and didn't notice any difference shrug.

Would a shot or two of Redex have the same effect on your 2CV's do you
think?

A shot or two? No. A similar proportion? Probably...

Ok.

Most 2cvs are fairly borderline on 95RON, tbf - a car that'll run fine on
UK 95 tends to pink and run-on badly on 95 in France, even though the
fuel should - theoretically... - be exactly the same. Fortunately, the
difference to 98 is smaller over there.

It's funny, I would have thought something I see as simple (probably
naively) as a 2CV (engine) would run on pretty well anything?

A long time ago ... a young lady I knew was offered a new car of her
choice by a rich Arab (she was a 'Bunny' at the time). He asked her
what she would like and the only car she could think of that she had
'liked' was a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am. Nothing more was said but a
few months later she got a call to say it was waiting for her at some
docks. When she collected it she asked the guy what sort of fuel she
should put in it and they guy said 'it'll burn pretty well anything'.
;-)

I'm guessing there is a big difference between a (lazy?) ~5l and
(highly strung?) ~.5l engine in that regard?

Cheers, T i m