Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Opinions sought: Speed Queen washers

On 10/9/2015 3:37 AM, micky wrote:

worse they offered her a extended warranty for a 100 bucks and she refused it.

Tell her I would have refused it too.

that 100 bucks wouldnt even cover sears travel charge

Normally, I'd agree. With the Maytag top loader we bought last year, I
took the warranty. It adds a few years and the cost is about the cost
of one service call.

Our has a glass lid so you can see what is happening. I watched one
cycle with all the valves opening and closing, the agitator changing
speeds and reversing. It is a great machine but has a lot of parts that
can fail. I'm covered for five or six years now.