Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default 600W 2-stroke generator

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:55:15 +0100, T i m wrote:

I did once tip about three or four litres of slightly over-oily and
long-since premixed two-smoke into the near-full 25l tank of one of the
2cvs.

Ok.

Never again. It pinked like an absolute bugger.

I've done similar with about the same quantity of 50:1 in the (Mk2
Escort based) kitcar and didn't notice any difference shrug.

Would a shot or two of Redex have the same effect on your 2CV's do you
think?

A shot or two? No. A similar proportion? Probably...

Most 2cvs are fairly borderline on 95RON, tbf - a car that'll run fine on
UK 95 tends to pink and run-on badly on 95 in France, even though the
fuel should - theoretically... - be exactly the same. Fortunately, the
difference to 98 is smaller over there.