Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On 10/08/2015 01:40 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

"This program has been brought to you in compatible color"

which I didn't understand for another 30 years. Compatible meaning
black & white sets could understand it and show the picture in black and
white, and the opposite too, which iirc meant when they sent a black and
white show in compatible color, the color sets would render it in black
and white.

A color TV is capable of displaying a black and white picture. It checks
for the color signal and works in black and white if there is none,
using a circuit which I seem to remember being called a "color killer".

"compatible color" would be needed when an old black and white TV gets a
color signal.

[snip]

--
78 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

If a member of McDonalds' staff was God:

"OK, one Universe. Uh, you want
fries with that?"