Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 600W 2-stroke generator

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 08:54:36 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 09:44:15 +0100, T i m wrote:

What is the best and safest way to dispose of the old petrol?

As long as it's clean I can't see any reason why you wouldn't use it in
a petrol car, especially an older one with no fancy cat or electronics.
I'd happily use it in the kit car on top of a (at least)
half full tank. ;-)

Given that we're talking mostly about two-smokes, it can be taken as read
that it isn't "clean".

Ok ... and I was mostly talking about 'free of debris' (like rust). I
accepted that some vehicles (especially modern ones with cats etc)
might not appreciate 2/ oil in the fuel to any level.

I did once tip about three or four litres of
slightly over-oily and long-since premixed two-smoke into the near-full
25l tank of one of the 2cvs.

Ok.

Never again. It pinked like an absolute
bugger.

I've done similar with about the same quantity of 50:1 in the (Mk2
Escort based) kitcar and didn't notice any difference shrug.

Would a shot or two of Redex have the same effect on your 2CV's do you
think?

Cheers, T i m