Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 10/09/2015 03:03 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Dammit, I wanted to get in! Me and my brother made 98 on the ASVAB test when we were 16 years old. There were pictures/drawings of tools that had to be identified and we were the only ones who knew what they all were. We laughed when we saw the picture of a saw set tool. We both thought it was funny. ^_^

Yeah, I'd aced that one. My grandfather had been the head of maintenance
at a paper mill so I grew up with a cellar full of obscure tools to play
with. The battery of tests was going pretty good until we got to the
code portion. In later life I got my speed up just enough to pass the
Amateur Advanced test but Morse code is nothing I have an aptitude for.

A lot of the recruits had been screened out and processed before the
supplemental tests were complete. Since it was alphabetical I was at the
head of the line for those that survived the afternoon tests. A sergeant
looked up and said "Oh, we're getting to the smart ones." Having been
indoctrinated to some extent I replied "Sir! Yes, sir!" Wrong answer.

You didn't miss anything but my idea of hell on earth is being around
people 24/7 so I'm biased. The mind games might work on teenagers but
I'd been around the block a few times and didn't think much of them.