Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 10/8/2015 3:58 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

Avon was torn down a couple years ago. It was on Golf and Waukegan.

No loss. :

That N-S interstate is the Edens. Always had that name far as I know.
Anyway, "reverse" commuting is no bargain now.
But it's hard to generalize.

I suspect there hasn't been much "development" of infrastructure.
We have a large seasonal population, here (folks who want to get
away from your cold winters) and I can't think of any new/significant
expansion of roadways in the past 20 years. Unlike chicagoland,
we don't have large interstates perforating the city to act as
major thoroughfares -- you have to get out to the fringes of
the city to take advantage of genuine "highways".