Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions sought: Speed Queen washers

On 10/8/2015 10:31 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
I recall reading some high praise for this brand of washer here in the
past, but that was several years ago, and things do have a tendency to
change. Has anyone got any recent experience with this brand?

I have a well-meaning sister who gifted me with a new GE top-loader
washer a couple of years ago. Compared to the elderly Maytag it
replaced, it's a real POS, so I'm not interested in putting any money or
time into it. I'd rather get a new, reliable top-loader washer -
preferably, one that's built the way they used to build them.

Also: you know how stuff around the house knows when other things are
failing, and they all decide to go out together? Yeah - since August,
the body count stands at two doors, one microwave, one washer, one
toilet. I fixed the tractor without replacing any parts, so I won't
count that.

I have a manual for repairing clothes washers. Speed
Queen is a different design than the others. Not sure
if that's better or worse.

My parents set is Maytag, which is a brand I can
reccomend. Mine is Whirlpool, which is also good.

At least, the ones from 20 years ago were....

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus