Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 2:36:50 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 3:28:06 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 1:35:53 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 2:14:39 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:40:05 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 9:52:06 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Here, some places charge a flat $10 to dispose of it; others do so
by *weight* (so bigger tubes cost more).

Our local disposal charges $1 per half inch. That's almost $65 for a
32 incher! 8|

nb

I'd smash or cut it up and bag it, dispose of some each week.

Radar O'Riley from M*A*S*H mailed a Jeep home, one piece at a time.. ^_^

Yeah. That didn't seem like him. Dishonest and all that.

You are referring to the "later" Radar. Early on, Radar was not such a nice guy.

Channeling a younger Radar, I stole the following from:

http://mash.wikia.com/wiki/Walter_%2...E2%80%99Reilly

======

"On television, Radar's character started off as worldly and sneaky, a clerk
who carried with him at all times a pocketful of passes for any potential
scam that might arise. He also sold tickets to the male members of MASH so
they could take turns sneaking looks through a peephole in the nurses'
showers and also used his camera to sneak pictures of the nurses showering.

He also won over $800 in poker playing with members of MASH and dismantled a
jeep and smuggled it home piece by piece. He once conned the entire company
of MASH 4077 into buying a pair of wing-tip shoes-although he was once
conned himself into spending over $50.00 for a improved writing course by
mail-which nearly drove Col. Potter crazy trying to read the daily reports.

He was known for his tremendous appetite for heaping portions of meat.. He
was also not averse to drinking Col. Blake's brandy and smoking his cigars
when the colonel was off-duty. This character was apparently not wholly to
the writers' liking and he later became a naive and trusting farm boy, a
vegetarian, and cigars and strong liquor made him ill or dizzy. His favorite
beverage was a grape Nehi (non-alcoholic)."

======

There are also rumors that while Radar was (later on) a real nice guy on screen, at least one cast member claimed "Gary Burghoff may well have been the best actor in the company" possibly meaning that the "nice guy act" was nothing more than that. Off camera, Burghoff was apparently not a very nice guy.

I followed your link but I got this: "You are not allowed to access this resource". I am using a VPN so that might be the problem. I seem to recall seeing Burghoff playing drums. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Radar Monster

Did you try Copy-Paste?

I turned off my cloud based VPN and the page popped right up. Right now, the IP site,"whatismyipaddress.com" indicates that I'm in this place: o_O

Your IP Details:
ISP: Digital Ocean
Services: None Detected
City: Dhaka
Region: Dhaka Division
Country: Bangladesh

I love The Internet, it takes me around the world in a flash. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Teleporting Monster