Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 23:08:33 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message ,
writes
On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:11:06 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

It seems to me that you don't believe the results of the Mythbusters
test

No I just think comparing a roundabout to a 4 way stop is like
comparing Ebola to the Plague. I wouldn't want either of them.
They are both designed to slow traffic down and coerce people to go
another way.

It seems to me this 'discussion' has suddenly become rather silly.

Here's an article about one the few traffic circle in my area.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...rcle-rotaries\
I've only been through it one time. Must have been uneventful,
because I barely remember it.
They call it suicide circle, and many people avoid it.
I asked my son - who drives though it all the time - what he thought
would be best. He says lights. Says it's a nightmare during rush
hour. But the residents there see it as a landmark.
Where streets are basically laid out in grids, as they are here, I've
got no problem with well-timed lights.