Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Panasonic DVD-LS850 Error H03 (any idea how to fix)?

On 10/8/2015 2:05 PM, wrote:

I bought a Panasonic DVD-LS850 and it came up with the Panasonic Error 02
within the Costco 90-day warrantee period. Now the new Panasonic DVDLS850
portable DVD player comes up with Panasonic Error H03.

When I put a movie DVD into the Panasonic DVD LS-850, it says "Reading" and
then "Error H03"..

And this kept happening over and over and over Do you know how to fix it?

Chances are, the "sled" that moves the optical pickup is stuck.
Gummy grease on the screw, etc.

As moving the optical pickup from above (i.e., from the outside of the
case) is typically impractical (and will probably break or strip the
screw drive), you're only recourse will be to disassemble the unit
and *rotate* the screw drive to "break it free" from whatever has
bound it in place.

If the unit sees only infrequent use, this is a common problem.

[It's also possible that the drive motor for the sled is dead -- or,
the drive electronics. But, Occam's Razor suggests the mechanism
is just gunked up. This was a common problem with floppy disk drives
as well...]