Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 6:28:56 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 4:37:26 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 12:03:11 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 10/06/2015 09:28 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Back in college the local rock station considered Zappa to be too weird for much airplay except late at night when a lot of my contemporaries were stoned out of their minds which allowed them to grok Zappa's music.

I don't recall my consciousness ever being warped enough to get into Zappa.

Do you remember anything from your college days a half century ago? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Demented Monster

I joined the USCG right out of High School, so my college days are a bit less than half a century ago, but I do have many vivid college memories. The best memory is about the nice young lady that I met on the bus and who helped me find the Admin building on my first day.

Last night we celebrated her birthday by Skyping with our four kids who are scattered across the country.

You're a very lucky man. I've never found a woman I could stand or one who could stand me for very long. ^_^

Me and my brother were in college during the Vietnam War and dropped out to join the Air Force because they had the best computer and electronics toys.. We failed the physical and wound up being 4F. It was 30 years before either of us found out why. I met a guy who was a top Army recruiter and he told me that the big secret to avoiding military service during the Vietnam War was,"allergies".
It was a big secret because if it got out, lots of guys would get a draft notice and claim they had allergies during the physical. On top of that we're both very nearsighted. Our oldest brother joined The Army, did two tours in Nam and came back a Green Beret. At least we tried. Gosh, think of all the guys who injured themselves, consumed a lot of dope, claimed to be queer or ran away to Canada to avoid The Draft. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Draft Monster