Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 10:29:21 -0400, wrote:

Since both the roundabout and the 4 way stop usually are installed to
slow traffic down (in the US) , not to make it go faster, I am not
sure what myth busters proved.
The most efficient traffic movement in high traffic areas is obviously
vertical separation but the next choice is a system of well timed
lights.

I was surprised last week when I had to make 3 trips to Palatine from
Morton Grove to feed my sons cats.
Only waited for a few lights - out of about 50.
Quick trips. Left home at 7 PM, so traffic was fairly light.
I still remember driving there from Chicago about 30 years ago, and it
was a nightmare. But I probably took the wrong route then.