View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default Animal shelter advice

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 22:52:18 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 21:28:21 UTC+1, Steph wrote:

I was hoping you could give me some advice. I have noticed for sometime there are many feral stray cats roaming around my area. My neighbour who lives a field away killed a cat with antifreeze. He is not a mentally well man. With this in mind, I was thinking of building a shelter for these cats to save them from my neighbour. Would it be cheaper buying a child's playhouse or building my own? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cost the bits up & see. Cheapest would be pallet wood. Not sure what preservatives are & aren't safe to use though.

Would shelters not just inform the neighbour exactly where to go? Might be better to get a rehoming shelter involved. I'd also bring the RSPCA upto speed if they're not already. They might be able to warn him off repeating the trick.

NT

Thank you for your advice. There are two houses where I live in the countryside, my neighbours and mine. Unfortunately, many people seem to dump their unwanted pets around our area. My neighbour Steve hates cats so I hate the fact if he gets hold of the strays he may kill them. This way it at last they will have somewhere to stay instead of wandering onto his grounds.

--
Steph