Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Step Climbing Powered Lifts For Help In Going From One Level To Another ?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 07 Oct 2015 19:16:04 -0400,
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Once somebody accepts that they're on the way down and they are never,
ever coming all the way back up, they become free to do more realistic
planning and coping.

That may apply to somebody, but not to me!

I am still hanging on the notion of dying in this house even if I become
"That crazy old guy who hasn't cut the lawn in two weeks" .... but that

I've got that down already. I don't fertilize and I don't water, and at
least with the amount of rain we've been having, it only needs mowing 3
or 4 times during the summer.

is because I have a thing about institutions and giving up control of my
life to people I don't think much of. If I die five years earlier
living here than I would have in an institution I'll take that.

Me, too. But I don't see it as 5 years. Maybe 3 weeks.

Assuming I'm still healthy when I die.

I know people who have lived up to these standards too, One man was 94
lived at home till he died. His wife wore high heels into her 90's, two
inch heels but still, and she drove into her 90's too. She got sick
when she was 98 and spent some time in the hospital and a nursing home,
but then went to live with her son and daughter in law when she was 99.
They built a new wing to the house for her. But then the two women
fought over the kitchen** and one had to lose. **Or maybe they didn't
fight but the older woman didn't like not having her own. She died at
99 and 8 months.

I don't expect 99, but 90 would be nice.
--
Pete Cresswell