Laurence Payne

Default "Windows protection error"

On 10 Sep 2003 04:20:05 -0700, (Sidney) wrote:

After reading everyone's responses on this site and several others and
after trying many of the suggestions I still cannot get it to work and
since she does not have a Win98 CD,I found someone who is going to
sell her Win95E with the OEM # for only $5.I would like to know how to
format her hard drive and install Win95E?.Thanks.

Don't do it. She owns W98. Someone must have an OEM W98SE cd. Ask
around a bit more. You don't have to keep the cd, once installed
copy the WIN98 folder to hard drive, that will take care of any
subsequent "please insert the Windows disk" requests.