Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default GPS on parcel vans

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 22:09:08 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 23:13:42 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 22:34:11 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 21:47:17 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 18:55:38 +0100, Roland Perry

wrote:

In message , at 17:39:53 on Sun, 4 Oct
2015,
Tough Guy no. 1265 remarked:
DPD deliveries I get are almost always right at the beginning
of
the
window, so perhaps they've been waiting round the corner for
the
clock
to tick on.

But if you are in, there is no reason for them to wait.

Agreed, but that depends a bit on whether there's somewhere
they
can
easily park outside the house while waiting. At my current
house
there
is, but my last one there wasn't.

Why not pull into your driveway?

Many houses don't have them.

Why would anyone buy a house with a part missing?

Because they can't find one which has one of those parts
at a price they can afford where they want to live.

Then they should live somewhere cheaper.

But that can see them spend a lot more on going to and
from work or see no work available for them to do there.

Unemployment is just as bad in cities.

That's not true, particularly with the most skilled work.

Statistics tell otherwise.

Like hell they do, particularly with the most skilled work.

Well I've looked it up before, and in the UK, it's a pretty even spread
throughout the whole country.

Like hell it is.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...oyment_map.gif
http://mrshearingeconomics.weebly.co...06859_orig.png

And commuting is cheaper than stupid city prices for smaller houses
with
lots of noise.

But wastes a hell of a lot of your day.

But you only need to work half as much for a house half the price.

Few get that option

Everybody has the choice of where to live.

But there aren't all that many that get to choose to
work half as much because the house is half the price.

and they're rather be paid for that commute time too.

An extra half hour each way is worth it

You don't get a house for half the price with that sort of commute.

to save huge amounts of cash on your smaller mortgage.