Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 4:56:51 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Yeah, we get them on occasion in our roundabouts. Sometimes you can't tell
if they don't understand the ROW process or if they do but they don't trust
the incoming driver. Sometimes it's obvious. You are stopped to give them
the ROW and then they stop and look at you. All you can do is shake your
head and wave them on.

The other situation is when you are in the roundabout and a driver is
approaching too fast. You know that in order for them to give you the ROW
they are going to have to brake hard. The trick there is to keep your speed
up in the roundabout but still leave yourself room to brake and let them
go by if they don't stop.

I get a strong sense of satisfaction when I know that the incoming driver
was trying to bully me by not slowing down and I time it just right so
he has to brake hard. You can tell by their eyes.

A little competition aye? What happens when you both lose?

--
Tekkie

Dunno...That's never happened to me. (Yet)