Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default OT carrier bag charge

"tim....." wrote in message ...

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
On 06/10/15 00:25, Fredxxx wrote:
On 05/10/2015 22:48, Bill Wright wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
OK, where can I buy carrier bags for less than 5 pence ? Our free
supply of kitchen bin bags has ended !
Simon.

Apparently we can expect a doubling of cases of food poisoning as a
result of this stupid idea.

Why?

He's thinking of fresh meat/fish getting thrown into a reusable bag with
everything else.

However, bags are free for that type of product.

But the whole thing seems like a stupid waste of time in comparison to
the other problems we face (lack of effective policing, deaths on the
road, looming energy crisis, migrant problem).

but charging each migrant 5p isn't going to solve that problem, is it?

tim

If we capped their benefits to that level, it might.