Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 09/2015

On 10/7/2015 10:20 AM, Muggles wrote:

Yes, they can be trained, but it looks like your dog has a natural
instinct for it. I'm sure you'll pay attention to it in the future.

I sure will. It was kind of a surprise that she could sense that.

Don't count on it! I don't know if you've ever had a severe hypoglycemic
episode but you lose your ability to think rationally.

I had an episode where I recall asking as to the location of a water
fountain. I recall being told, "out the door, to the left and at the
end of the hall". I.e., I *know* the words that were said to me
at that time. Yet, they made absolutely no sense. A short time
later, I woke up to find a trash bucket under my face -- apparently,
folks thought I was going to throw up when, in fact, I had simply
run out of glucose molecules to keep my brain operating!

[I'm not diabetic nor on any sorts of meds]

Apparently, my body tends to operate on a much leaner blood sugar
level than most. In response to that episode, my MD scheduled a
*7* hr GTT just to see where my body chemistry was running.

When reviewing the results, he asked me how I felt during the
test (you've fasted BEFORE and now get to continue that fast
*during*!). I said "fine" which brought a frown to his face.
"Your blood sugar was down at ~45mg/dL" which made him wonder
how low it must have plummeted on the "water fountain" day!

Bottom line: you have to act *before* you lose the ability to
recognize the *need* to act! (in my case, I just felt like
I needed something to drink!)