Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

In message , at
17:54:07 on Wed, 7 Oct 2015, Clive George
remarked:
Yes of course, a good driver will do that, and I do, but it could
catch some people out. And you cannot always predict what will happen,
on a roundabout for example.

It's not that hard. After you've slowed down, put the car in the right
gear for the speed you're going, don't try and use the wrong one.

What's all this stuff about 20th century concepts like putting cars into
gear? My diesel car has an automatic gearbox, and more than that it's
"continuously variable". All I do is press the speed pedal, and the car
does the rest.
--
Roland Perry