Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 4:03:59 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 1:49:38 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 06 Oct 2015 16:34:20 -0500,
wrote:

This sort of thing will be more and more of a problem as we keep adding
more and more wireless devices in our lives. They all run on radio waves
and there are only so many to choose from. Neighboring garage door
openers are a common problem for *your* garage door opener. That happens
regularly.

I'm having trouble with my computer speakers, so I took the wireless
speaker from the bathroom and it's right next to my chair. So I'm
running wirelessly 4 feet.

Tomorrow I'll try to fix the wired speakers, or the next day.

Have you ever used any Bluetooth stuff? My Chromebook has Bluetooth built-in and I got some Bluetooth headphones from Amazon. I listen to streaming radio stations on my Chromebook and when I roll into the bathroom, I wear the BT earphones. The rechargeable headset has about a 60 foot range which I think is pretty cool. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Blue Monster

I have a Bluetooth headset that I use with my smartphone. The range is
pretty good, it's the *angle* that's an issue.

I can put my phone on the picnic table and walk all over my yard without
any drop out. I can put it on the kitchen table and some walls will cause
drop out and some walls won't. For the walls that don't cause drop out,
the distance is fine. As I said, distance is not an issue.

However, if I put the phone in my holster and hang it on my belt, I get
drop out. I shouldn't be surprised, since the manual says this:

"For optimal reception, place mobile device above waist and on right side
of body. Recommended placement is on your right arm."

Now, my holster *is* on the right side of my body, but I guess that's not
good enough. If I take it out of the holster and carry it in my right
all is good. (No, the holster is not metal, it's an open, flat plastic
holster.)

Something like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...jL._SX425_.jpg

So it seems that straight down below my right ear is not a good location for it. However, in my right hand, swinging at waist level it is fine. Strange.

I guess I should try leaving it in the holster and carrying it in my right
hand. If I get drop out then, then maybe it is the holster, but other than
the pin and spring for the belt clip, it's all plastic.

Something to try tonight while I'm walking the dog.