Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On 10/06/2015 06:30 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

Put black electrical tape over the infrared receiver on the front of the TV to determine if it's getting spurious infrared pulses. Someone has already mentioned electrolytics that may have gone bad. If it was mine, I'd probably fool around with it to try to repair it but last year I bought a new 32" LED TV from a pawnshop for $150 and the darn thing is lighter than my 23" LCD computer monitor. I was able to tuck it under one arm and carry it up my front steps. My housemate has a 32" CRT TV that takes at least two people to carry with some difficulty. ^_^

That 27-inch "portable" CRT TV weighed 90 pounds.

[8~{} Uncle TV Monster

--
79 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason."
[Martin Luther]