Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On 10/06/2015 06:30 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

[snip]

Most likely you have something in the power supply going bad. It'll get
worse and worse until it won't turn on at all. Bad cap(s). or HV fly
back circuit, etc. I don't think it is worth an effort to repair.

I had a 27-inch RCA that had problems like that. Push the button to turn
it on, and it'll probably turn itself off before the CRT warms up.
it could take a dozen or more tries to get it to stay on. That problem
was what led to me replacing it with a (larger screen) LCD.

--
79 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason."
[Martin Luther]