Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On 10/06/2015 04:19 PM, philo wrote:
On 10/06/2015 04:10 PM, hubops wrote:
Hi all ;
My old fat-screen CRT 32 inch RCA has taken on a mind of its own -
- it has started to turn itself OFF & ON after working for 20
minutes or so. I took the batteries out of the remote to see if it
was causing the trouble - it made no difference.
Any ideas ?
I like to keep stuff from the re-cycle / garbage bin, if I can.
John T.

I also like to keep things out of the landfill if at all possible but I
don't think I'd bother repairing an old CRT set.

I tossed mine out 25 years ago and never replaced it.

No TV at all and I don't miss it.

I have a Sanyo CRT TV that I got just before LCDs became available at
reasonable prices. It won't tune digital, but has worked so well on
cable I don't want to get rid of it. Possibly when cable drops too many
analog channels...

--
79 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason."
[Martin Luther]