Posted to alt.home.repair
hubops[_2_] hubops[_2_] is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

Hi all ;
My old fat-screen CRT 32 inch RCA has taken on a mind of its own -
- it has started to turn itself OFF & ON after working for 20
minutes or so. I took the batteries out of the remote to see if it
was causing the trouble - it made no difference.
Any ideas ?
I like to keep stuff from the re-cycle / garbage bin, if I can.
John T.

snips

Most likely you have something in the power supply going bad. It'll get
worse and worse until it won't turn on at all. Bad cap(s). or HV fly
back circuit, etc. I don't think it is worth an effort to repair.

Yep - thanks for the reply.
John T.