Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 4:10:12 PM UTC-5, hubops wrote:
Hi all ;
My old fat-screen CRT 32 inch RCA has taken on a mind of its own
- - it has started to turn itself OFF & ON after working for 20
minutes or so. I took the batteries out of the remote to see if it
was causing the trouble - it made no difference.
Any ideas ?
I like to keep stuff from the re-cycle / garbage bin, if I can.
John T.

---

Put black electrical tape over the infrared receiver on the front of
the TV to determine if it's getting spurious infrared pulses.

+1

Alternatively, keep your eye on Craigslist free category or freecycle and get a
free working equivalent TV. These are frequent offerings. You can even post a
"wanted" on your local freecycle.