Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 7:31:07 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

Most likely you have something in the power supply going bad. It'll get
worse and worse until it won't turn on at all. Bad cap(s). or HV fly
back circuit, etc. I don't think it is worth an effort to repair.

Has he tried using a different outlet to rule out a loose connection there?
My Sony, if it was on when there is a power interruption, remembers and
turns itself back on when power is restored. At least it does that if the
power comes back in 5 or 10 mins. IDK what it does if it's longer.