Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 10:28:57 AM UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 01:56:44 -0700, sm_jamieson wrote:

You have to be careful to not get stuck below the power band and try
to floor it there, else you basically go nowhere until the turbo
picks up.
That has caught me out a few times, and I would say could actually be
dangerous.

Is there a reason you can't think ahead and change down? Any "danger"
isn't from the turbo's effective range of operation, but from a driver
failing to read the road.

Yes of course, a good driver will do that, and I do, but it could catch
some people out. And you cannot always predict what will happen, on a
roundabout for example.

blink Did you really say that?

Huh ?

Simon.