Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT carrier bag charge

On 07/10/2015 09:54, Chris French wrote:
In message , Martin Brown
writes

It is interesting to note the wide variation of colours of bins with
green bins here being for green waste and black ones for household.
Salfords "green" garden waste bins are a hideous shade of shocking pink!

We have black - rubbish, blue - recyclables, green - green waste.

Same here. Blue box and blue sack for paper/cardboard.

My mum in a neighbouring authority has green for recyclables and brown
for green waste, so I often get the stuff in the wrong bins.....

On holiday in Northumberland we discovered the green and black bin
convention was exactly the opposite of that in North Yorkshire.

I guess originally green bins to blend into a rural setting.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown