Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a photography darkroom

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 20:47:26 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 06/10/2015 11:01, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 5 October 2015 21:51:08 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 05/10/2015 10:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 2 October 2015 19:46:54 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/10/2015 13:34, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 2 October 2015 13:22:37 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
I though the problem with mirrors is that you can't stop down to increase
deapth or field, Tjhey are fixed aperature) which is why the vast
majority of pros use standard refractive lenses rather than mirrors.

Mirror lenses also have very characteristic bokeh. But I won't make
disparaging comments if people have to google to find out what bokeh is and
what is characteristic about that of a mirror lens!

I'm not sure yuo have to have a mirror lens for that either.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-portrait-lens
I know someone that's brought one.

How does that improve over lensbaby?

Whats a lensbaby ?

Its a tool used by photographers.

So is there a differnce between photographers and peole that take photos/snaps.

I didn't say that.

you didn't say what exactly. You didn't say it was a tool used by photographers.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/search/?q=lensbaby

At least one of which is a 2 element planar lens like the kickstarter.

so you don't need a mirror lens for bokeh, I knew this in the mid 70s Bokeh isn't new.

I knew before that I see you never did tell us what shape the bokeh of a
mirror lens was.

Why wouuld I need to.

Mirror lenses predate digital too

Yes I know.

so its got nothing to
do with your worthless digital is no good for teaching argument.

I've never said that, which is why you're so confused here.
I said film is better for teaching photography and I gave the reasons.
The biggest is the distraction. give a student a digital camera and they go off shooting stuff without even considering the light or any other aspect of photography.
If you ask a group of studetns what's needed for a good photograph I bet most will say a digital camera or a smart phone or instagram. They won;lt even consider the subject lighting or any other aspect of photography.

A similar thing is happening in schools in exams, we allow studetns to use calculators in exams, when schools do this while ther phone is their for being usedas a calculator yuo'll find the studetns on facebook during the exam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...esults-20.html

Yes we know digital is best and it's far better to use a computer than a digital calculator, than a slide rule, than pencil and paper, in yuor head.

We all know how maths is best taught.
Digital is better.