Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default More on VW Cheatware

On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 15:52:21 -0700, sm_jamieson wrote:

Turbo lag is there as with any turbo car, but you can give the throttle
a blip to wind the turbo up a bit before you pull off.

Which it won't do, because the volume of exhaust gases when the engine's
off-load won't give any significant boost.

You have to be careful to not get stuck below the power band and try to
floor it there, else you basically go nowhere until the turbo picks up.
That has caught me out a few times, and I would say could actually be
dangerous.

Is there a reason you can't think ahead and change down? Any "danger"
isn't from the turbo's effective range of operation, but from a driver
failing to read the road.