Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 10/6/2015 1:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 10:27:45 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 9:11:33 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 9:01:21 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

This has become a techie chatroom...you're a want-to-be here and nothing will rub-off on you! You're too ****ing old (much like myself).

You're never too old to learn you fool. I actually have time now if I can get back home to my computer toys. I got into hardware instead of programming. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Genius Monster

I was programming in the '70/80's on the early electronic cash registers, (DTS, TEC, Casio) basic stuff. I value my health more that to attempt burning-out what's left of my synapses. You are worse off than myself in the foolhardy endeavor! ( ͜。 ͡)( ͜。)

Well Bobby Villain, one of the things I was doing back then was repairing electronic registers and getting them to do things the factory didn't include in a particular model. It was a lot of fun. One of the last things I was doing in the past few years was installing and repairing computer based POS systems. Some of which were connected to a WAN. Yesterday I fixed another resident's laptop when a CNA brought it to me. I've been doing some telephone tech support for my housemate and his business. I get Emails and calls when he has a problem with the computers and network I installed in his home office at the house. I had to explain to him again how to upload pictures to a web portal for the tech contracting service we were doing work for. I'm just glad to have my cute little Chromebook so I don't become any more bonkers. I not just laying around drooling and if my new knee brace gets delivered, I'll be on my feet in a walker and perhaps graduate to a cane at some time. Being active

is very beneficial which is what I choose to do. If you wish to vegetate, go for it. ^_^

Whoopee!! I just received my new knee brace and I was able to stand for a while and take some steps. Later I'll do some more walking. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

It's about time you got that new knee brace!!

--
Maggie