Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Possible reason the A-10 is being dropped

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, perhaps I am expecting too many explosions when a tank is taken
out. I thought that most anything which penetrated a tank would also
hit the stray munitions inside, causing a large explosion. Too many
movies?

Nope. That's exactly right for an operational (and armed) tanks and trucks.
Google for some ISIS/Taliban footage.

This is test range stuff. No fuel. No ammunition*.

*Putting a couple of shells in the target tanks would look cool. But imagine
the EOD effort that would have to follow every practice run.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Help stamp out philately.