Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_8_] FrozenNorth[_8_] is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On 2015-10-06 6:29 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/6/2015 3:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/6/2015 2:10 PM, hubops wrote:
Hi all ;
My old fat-screen CRT 32 inch RCA has taken on a mind of its own -
- it has started to turn itself OFF & ON after working for 20
minutes or so. I took the batteries out of the remote to see if it
was causing the trouble - it made no difference.
Any ideas ?
I like to keep stuff from the re-cycle / garbage bin, if I can.

BTW, you may discover that you have to *pay* to dispose of it!
If so, see if your municipality has a periodic "hazardous waste"
disposal program (first saturday of every month, that sort of thing)
where they will take it off your hands for you.

Here, some places charge a flat $10 to dispose of it; others do so
by *weight* (so bigger tubes cost more).

I put a dead 32" TV out on the curb, on a designated pick up date for
electronics, it was gone before the garbage guys got there.

It depends where you live.

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati