Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On 2015-10-06, hubops wrote:
Hi all ;
My old fat-screen CRT 32 inch RCA has taken on a mind of its own -
- it has started to turn itself OFF & ON after working for 20
minutes or so. I took the batteries out of the remote to see if it
was causing the trouble - it made no difference.
Any ideas ?
I like to keep stuff from the re-cycle / garbage bin, if I can.
John T.

My 32" Sony CRT TV (PIP) started out doing the same thing. It
eventually got worse and died, soon after. If you live in an urban
area, you might be able to find a repair shop. Otherwise, toss it b4
it becomes too expensive to salvage and get a flat-panel TV. Prolly
cheaper than repairing the CRT beast.

nb