Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default OT carrier bag charge

Bill Wright wrote:
Another John wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Apparently we can expect a doubling of cases of food poisoning as a
result of this stupid idea.

If this "stupid idea" reduces the number of carrier bags blowing in the
trees up to a mile from our local tip, from 000s to shall I say 00s,
then it will have been worthwhile.

It's not a stupid idea Bill: it's the only way, in the dimension of
plastic bags, of counteracting stupid people.

And BTW Bill: please, PLEASEn PUH-LEASE stop reading the Daily Mail (or
whatever tabloid you got the stupid idea, above, from).

John

I saw it in the Independent. I don't read any tabloids.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-9488405.html

"packaged supermarket products should be entirely safe in re-used bags
and present no threat to health".

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England