Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Step Climbing Powered Lifts For Help In Going From One LevelTo Another ?

On 10/6/2015 7:53 AM, Bob wrote:

Regarding those powered stair climbing lifts/seats to help
an individual go from one level to another:

I see Acorn continually advertises.

Are they the "best" ? Are they a Franchise ?
Better quality available ? Who ?

What brands to stay away from ?

What features, etc. should I be looking for ?

I've only known one person to go that route. And, she died
shortly after having it installed (ALS).

While it may sound over-the-top, have you considered the
alternative: moving to a place that doesn't require you
to ascend/descend stairs?

If moving is out of the question, consider rearranging
your living space so the folks least capable of making
these ascents can live largely/entirely on a single level?

I.e., at that point, you may also be needing other changes
to your environment (walk in tub, etc.) that complicate
staying in your current digs. Or, other assisted living
sorts of services (meal prep, on-site medical care, etc.)