Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Some people.

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
News wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

And large screen rear projection sets were common enough at one time.

But plenty never were aware of those.

OK, I'll confess. When Dave first posted,
I had no idea what a rear projection TV was.

I did, but am aware that few who buy TVs know that they even exist.

How do you know that ?

How did I know what, what they are or how
many of those who buy TVs know that they exist ?

Most don't even realise the difference between LCD and plasma.

Maybe they don;lt care

Corse they don't.

or are waiting for you to describe the difernce
to them and how it matters to them.

Yes, some do.

Having said that, if I saw something like
that on Freecycle, I would Google first.

Me too, but the average ebay buyer of TVs doesn't.

Well I think they shouldn't be bidding if
they don't know what they are bidding on.

More fool you.

But I guess that's a lot to expect.

It is indeed with TVs.