Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default More Proof That slow eddy Is A Complete Fraud

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:35:58 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 18:04:01 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

Why is the LS pushrod V8 so good? Because the LS pushrod V8 is the best
bang for the buck...

"Bang for the buck?" That's what *I* said. YOU said it was the most
"ADVANCED."

Let me refresh your twisted, psychopathic memory, Bonkers. YOU said that
pushrod engines are more "advanced" than OHC. I said that pushrods are
cost-effective and can be very practical for ordinary applications, but
are definitely *not* more advanced -- which is why virtually every
manufacturer (including Chevy) uses OHC for their newer engines.

"Winegarden [Sam Winegarden, who was GM's chief engineer for small-block
V-8s until a couple of years ago] says, 'We've been able to meet the
performance requirements by using more displacement. Two more valves per
cylinder would get us another 10 percent in total valve area.'"

"A modern engine is a dizzying array of compromises as designers strive
to meet power, cost, reliability, and emissions demands. The Vette V-8
would ultimately have more power if it had four valves per cylinder..."

That's the guy who's probably the world's greatest proponent of pushrod
engines.

So OHC engines cost more to build, yet nearly all new engines are OHC.
Why do you suppose that is, Bonkers? Wherever they're allowed, nearly
all racing engines are OHC, except in the handicap classes like IMSA
Prototype, and in NASCAR, where they're required for nostalgia's sake.
But most OHC manufacturers aren't building racing engines -- they aren't
even trying to get the last bit of horsepower. Has it crossed your mind
that maybe there are other reasons they're building the more expensive
OHC engines?

...unlike the expensive, wimpy, overhead CAM motors that slow eddy the
lying, fraud keeps hyping.

You're an idiot. The entire automotive engine-design world is dominated
by OHC engines, and you keep digging this same old hole deeper and
deeper. You think that shouting and slandering is a substitute for
knowing what your'e talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmbbuSq9m0

slow eddy pretends to be an expert in just about everything. slow eddy
is a worthless Pay 4 Play ad copy writer who works for the kind of
advertising based rags that machinists and CADCAM programmers are
rejected more and and more.

Your jealousy is showing, Bonkers. How many "members" do you have again?
You're up to 3,200 now? How many views do you have? And how much are you
paid? I have an average of over 35,000/month, and they pay me decently.
I've never taken pay from an advertiser for editorial in my life, you
slandering nutjob.

slow eddy is a lying fraud and a blowhard.

Projecting again, eh, Bonkers?

Why do you even bother responding to this wahoo?

--
www.wescottdesign.com